Thursday, September 07, 2006

AC/DC, Prisco, and Pigeons



I just finished this book. It inspired me to share my thoughts on the greatest Rock and Roll band ever...

I remember the first time I ever heard AC/DC. It was back in grade 7 when a buddy of mine threw on the Razors Edge when I was over at his house. I remember listening to that album and just knowing that this is what Rock and Roll was.

He put on the album because he wanted me to hear three tracks. Mistress for Christmas, Moneytalks and Thunderstruck. I though Mistress was a cool tune because of it's lyrics, but I was floored when I heard Thunderstruck.

That same buddy later bought me AC/DC Live (double disc) for my birthday. From then on my musical tastes just branched out from there. I have since bought that album twice as I have had it stolen and lost it on different occasions. From that album I was introduced to classics like Jailbreak (still one of my favourite songs ever), The Jack, Whole Lotta Rosie, among others.

Since then my buddies and I bought every ACDC album we could find.

I've seen Angus and the boys twice now. Saw them at SARStock, where they stole the show from the Rolling Stones.

I thought I was a big ACDC fan until I met one Gord Prisco. When science finds a way to allow men to bear children, he will have Angus Young's baby.

Some notable quotes provide by Prisco on AC/DC...

-"AC/DC’s 'Highway To Hell’ is the greatest meshing of vocal, guitar and content I’ve ever heard. That’s what I aspire to." -- Bonnie Raitt

-"i loved a girl once...she left me...rock and roll has never left me" -- Bon Scott

-"AC/DC will go down as one of the greatest musical acts in history." -- Gord Prisco


If your only exposure to the great music of AC/DC is You Shook Me All Night Long, then I encourage you to go out and buy any other AC/DC album besides Back In Black, and open your mind to what these boys from Melbourne can do with some simple guitar riffs.

Some people say that all AC/DC songs sound the same. To the casual listener that is somewhat true. But if AC/DC is rewriting the same song over and over, then it is quite possibly the greatest song ever written.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Vitamin's Blog said...

Angus Young was once asked what he says to people when they say that ac/dc has 14 albums that sound the same? Angus replied, "that's not true at all! we have 16 albums that sound the same."

11:14 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home