Monday, July 17, 2006

Wikipedia Will Take Over The Earth

I gotta say that one of the coolest things on the web these days (besides this place) is Wikipedia.org. For those not familiar with Wikipedia it is an online encyclopedia that has subject entries created and edited by absoloutely anybody. The accuracy of the information is theoretically ensured by the vast amounts of people reading it and contributing.

Gone are the days of wondering what the latin motto of your University is; or whose voice was used in the Simpsons episode on May 14, 1995; or how exactly the feud between Lynyrd Skynrd and Neil Young started...

It's all in Wikipedia.

I don't even Google things I'm curious about anymore, I just load up Wikipedia and search. Much cleaner and less sifting through information.

Wikipedia, like Linked In , is a gateway drug. I am convinced of this.

Coincidentally, here is the Wikipedia entry for Dyson ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home